National Museum of Archaeology – Adjoining Hall

The National Museum of Archaeology is housed in the Auberge de Provence, in Republic Street, Valletta. Originally built in the late 1570s during the tenure of Grand Master Jean l’Evesque de la Cassiere (1572-1581) in the more composed style of Geronimo Cassar, this auberge served as headquarters, temporary residence and meeting place for the Knights coming from the region of Provence in southeast France. The façade and adjoining voids were remodelled during the course of the 17th century in the then fashionable French Baroque style

Adjoining Hall

Wheelchair Accessible / Lift

Facilities – Projector / Screen / PA System (limited for 50 pax) / Cloakroom / Chairs / Bistro Tables / Folding Tables / Toilets

Restrictions – Sound to be lowered after 11pm / Parquet Preservation / No reception (food or drinks) / No heels / No Fresh Flowers / No Gas Cylinders / As per present agreement

Parking Space – Not available in Republic street except – Daily until 9.30 am; and Mondays and Thursdays 14.30 – 16.30

Download Brochure